Geohot released blackra1n (jailbreak) and blacksn0w (unlock) for the latest firmware/baseband combo on 3G and 3GS iPhones for both Mac and Windows platforms!
Features of blackra1n RC3 :
– Jailbreak / Unlock
– Hacktivate or legit activation
– All Macs (Intel and PPC) and windows
– (Possible) Tethering option enabled
UPDATE : If you have 3.1.3 iPhone 3GS + 5.11.07 baseband and if blackra1n doesn’t work, try blacksn0w RC2 which can be installed by adding http://cydia.pushfix.info into Cydia sources. Please post a comment if you still have problems unlocking your 3GS.
Step by step instructions :
1) If your iPhone 3G/ 3GS is already @ 3.1.2 firmware with older baseband (using Custom 3.1.2 Firmware), you have no reason to do this! For 2G iPhones, BootNeuter is still a valid permanent unlock solution!
2) If your iPhone is 3.1.2 out of the box and has 5.11.07 baseband or if you accidentally upgraded to 3.1.2 firmware on iTunes, then follow the next few steps.
3) Visit Geohot’s blackra1n.com website.
4) Download either Windows or Mac versions of Blackra1n depending on what platform you are using!
5) Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch blackra1n application (blackra1n.exe for Windows and blackra1n for Mac) and click ‘make it ra1n’.
6) Your iPhone will reboot and you will see blackra1n.app on the homescreen. Launch it and install blacksn0w to unlock 5.11.07 baseband for any GSM carrier!
Pretty straightforward, isn’t it? Great job by Geohot. Please spread the word that iPhone unlocks will and always be free, never pay a penny to online scammers!
Image courtesy : blackra1n.com